Viña Real Rioja Crianza

Viña Real Rioja Crianza

  • €13.59
    Unit price per 
  • Save €2.40

Free delivery when you buy 12 or more bottles.


This elegant Rioja is a lovely balance between the exuberance of youth and sophistication of the winery from which it comes. Smooth and juicy with strawberry and currant flavours, it is a fresher and softer style than many other Crianzas, making it very versatile for food matching indeed.

Viña Real is made from grapes grown in the Rioja Alavesa subregion. This is a farming area where farming is almost exclusively dedicated to growing grapes. And it has been this way for generations. These are sourced from Viña Real's own vineyards in Laguardia as well as from neighbouring farmers in Rioja Alavesa who have supplied them for many years. A great example of sustainable farming, collaboration and partnership that will enable the winery to grow and continue production even in the face of climatic challenges.

In this Crianza, the blend is 90% Tempranillo with the remaining 10% Garnacha, Mazuelo, and  Graciano. 

The Vina Real winery building is very new and very modern. It is situated on the top of a hill and is then dug into the hill by at least fifty metres. Grapes arrive at the top of the hill and are hoisted above the crushing tanks, from where the juices flow to the fermenting vessels below and from there to the aging barrels in the caves underground. Except for the lighting, there is no electricity used in the winemaking process in the entire building - no pumps, no churning, nothing. This sustainable approach is part of the gentle and elegant style that the winery achieves in its wines and was unique in Rioja when the winery was built (it's now THE template for new wineries in the region!)

This Crianza is a classic Rioja Alavesa in style. Great with food, enjoyable, really fresh and full of flavour. And if you're interested in such things, it has picked up some stellar scores along the way, with James Suckling giving it 93 points. Pretty good going for a Crianza, hey!?

Further details

  • 14% 
  • Spain 
  • Casseroles 
  • Charcuterie 
  • Hard Cheeses 
  • Pizza 
  • Pork 
  • Poultry 
  • Tapas 
  • Garnacha 
  • Graciano 
  • Mazuelo 
  • Tempranillo 
  • Rioja 
  • Bright 
  • Complex 
  • Elegant 
  • Fresh 
  • Gentle 
  • Medium Bodied 
  • Pure 
  • Silky 
  • Soft 

We Also Recommend